As promised my response to this weekend’s assignment:
A totally irrelevant (and possibly irreverent) interview with ME.
1. What superhero would you be and why?
Jack-Jack from The Incredibles. I love that Jack-Jack has powers that are still developing, so nobody really knows what to expect from him yet. He’s a bit of a dark horse.
2. Pancakes or waffles?
Oh, this is a tough one. Waffles made from scratch (not the toaster kind) have that whole crispy, eggy thing going for them. Pancakes score points for simplicity and not needing special equipment. I think it’s a tie.
3. Is there a Chicken Soup for your soul?
Um… Chicken Soup for the Sleep-Deprived Zombie Soul? No? Then probably not.
4. What do you think of people who refer to themselves in the third person?
Barb thinks that referring to herself in the third person is a side-effect of having spent too much time writing short bios and talking to dogs.
5. Can you describe the perfect golf swing?
Overhand, with a strong downward swoop. And definitely in the direction of whatever is attacking me. It’s pretty much the same as the perfect baseball swing, or the perfect tire iron swing. There’s probably a YouTube video demonstration somewhere.
6. What is your favorite three-syllable word?
Syzygy. Say it with me: Sigh-Zuh-Gee. It is also the name of my favorite X-Files episode. Coincidence? I think not.
7. Can you play a zither?
No, but I come from a family of diverse musical talent. Singers and players all. I dabble in piano and guitar, and can frequently be found wandering around the house singing half-remembered lyrics from songs that are stuck in my head. I also play a mean toy xylophone.
8. Who let the dogs out?
This is the perpetual question at my house. With three dogs who believe that we humans were put on this planet and in their house to serve as their doorpeople, it’s a never-ending rotation between the four of us.
9. What is missing from your life?
Currently, about six hours of uninterrupted sleep, my Matchbox 20 album (Yourself or Someone Like You, in case anyone has seen it), assorted odd socks and a winning lottery ticket. My cell phone and reading glasses also disappear on a regular basis.
10. What message would you put in a fortune cookie?
Life is a buffet, sample everything.
11. When you disappear, where are you likely to be hiding?
Somewhere outdoors shooting things. With my digital SLR camera. I love photography.
12. If you were a recipe, would you be sweet, salty, slow-simmered, or half-baked?
Depending on the day of the week and my mood, I can be any of those things, although I think my natural state is more half-baked than anything. It’s definitely more fun to be half-baked, or at least to act it.
13. Do you believe in U.F.Os, astral projection, mental telepathy, E.S.P., clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
If there’s a steady paycheck story in it…
14. Did you just cheat with a question from Ghostbusters?
Shh. Okay, yes. It’s such a great question I couldn’t pass it up and it’s popped into my head more than once during this exercise, which says something about the workings of my mind, but I’m not dwelling on it.