1. Digital timer for those times when the only thing that will shake loose a new idea is a timed writing exercise.
2. A calendar for keeping track of assignments (and for general amusement and inspiration).
3. A solar gadget charger, because nothing is worse than being mobile with a dead battery.
4. To-Do sticky notes, for that list that keeps growing.
5. Lots of USB devices, not enough ports? Pick up a Hubdog. It doesn’t need walked.
6. Digital magazine subscriptions to publications he or she wants to write for.
7. Novelty pens, just for the fun of it.
8. Storyboard writing pads for the writer who likes a little visualization with his outline.
9. A fun flash drive for backing up those all important files.
10. An inspirational coffee (or other hot beverage) mug.