This week, I’m feeling a little brain-dead. I’ve caught up with all the deadlines I had looming, finally seem to be ridding the sinus cavities of the invading aliens who moved in a month ago, and I think my entire body has breathed a deep sigh of relief.
In other words, I’m in that place where I want to spend all day playing games on facebook and avoid eye contact with anything that looks like work.
You’ve probably been there. This week’s assignment is to make a list five of things you can do to get the gears moving again and get back to work. My list:
1. Turn off the Internet. Facebook withdrawal notwithstanding, this is one of the most beneficial things I can do, because it
forces gives me the opportunity to take a step back and actually think about what project I want to do next.
2. Take a walk, or play with my dogs. Good for clearing the head.
3. Research something interesting, just for the fun of it. This is also a good way for me to spark ideas.
4. Make lists of ways to reslant articles I’ve already written, and come up with new markets for them.
5. Clean something. Currently, I’m cleaning out the office closet, a task that may take me until March to complete. But, in the process, my mind wanders, my muse wakes up, and I find all sorts of ideas to work on.
What’s on your list? Take the show and tell challenge and share it!
The Show and Tell Challenge
Step right up and take the B&B Show and Tell Challenge! Here’s how: simply write your response to this assignment, post it on your blog, then come back and leave a link to your post in the comments. It’s that simple!
Need more inspiration? Click here.
Never miss an update. Scroll down and click “Sign me up!” to subscribe.
- Weekend Assignment: You in Six Words
- Weekend Assignment: What a Character!
- Weekend Assignment: New Beginnings