See, a little while ago, I set myself a daunting task. I want to collect a set of links to the best 100 blog posts for writers from 2012. I want funny posts, instructive posts, inspirational posts, lots and LOTS of posts.
And therein lies the problem.
The Internet is vast, and the sheer volume of posts by writers is enough to make me want to take to my bed and pull the covers over my head. Okay, so I feel that way MOST days, and it has more to do with wanting to sleep than scouring the web for writerly posts. Let’s move on, shall we?
Here’s where you come in. (You knew I’d get to the point eventually, right?)
I need help. (Nope. Don’t go there in the comments. I’m not talking about THAT kind of help.) Remember that time machine I talked about in the Birthday Post? Turns out the company is having trouble meeting demand, and I’ve been placed on a waiting list. As such, there are not enough hours in the day for me to find every golden nugget post on the Internet.
I’m inviting you to submit links to your favorite blog posts about writing. (ETA: PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE ENTIRE BLOGS. I AM LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUAL POSTS ONLY) I would love to hear of posts that have inspired you, made you think, taught you something, or shed an entertaining light on the writing life. Especially those posts you’ve bookmarked and revisited because they are just that darned GOOD. There are a few rules, so pay attention.
1. Since the goal is to help writers discover sources of inspiration, preference will be given to blog posts by individuals. Please no links to posts from gigantic commercial magazine sites that everyone has heard of like Writer’s Digest, or The Writer.
2. Posts must have been made between 1/1/2012 and 12/31/2012. Since I plan to share the links as the “Best of 2012” this only makes sense, right? That also means you can continue to submit links all the way through the end of the year, so if you read something great, think of your fellow writers and share it please.
3. If you submit links to your own blog, please limit yourself to TWO posts. Share your BEST work. Remember, it only takes one great post to make me scan your site for more.
4. Nominations for the Best Links collection MUST BE SENT VIA EMAIL to brainstorms(.)and(.)bylines(@)gmail.com (leave out the parentheses) OR BY DM TO B&B ON FACEBOOK Rest assured, your email addresses will NOT be collected for use by me or anyone else as a result of responding to this request. I promise.
5. The deadline for nominations will be 11:59 p.m. EST, on December 31, 2012.
Help a gal out, won’t you?